Varicose Vein TreatmentDiscover your beauty
Sclerotherapy treatment involves the injection of a solution or foam into varicose veins, causing a reaction in the walls of the veins. This leads to hardening or “sclerosis” of the veins. Blood flow is then directed to healthier veins and the treated veins are eventually absorbed by the body.
Some veins that need to be treated are below the surface of the skin and cannot be injected safely without the aid of ultrasound imaging assistance.
Sclerotherapy is done in the office, it takes approximately 30 minutes and no anesthetic is required.
May be covered my Manitoba Health, ask your family doctor.
- Soon after the treatment you should walk for at least 30 minutes. A 10 minute walk immediately afterwards is advisable for patients who have an hour or more to travel.
- Walk as much as possible, preferably at least 30 minutes per day for six weeks. Walking reduces the pressure in the superficial veins and reduces the risk of thrombophlebitis and deep vein thrombosis.
- After treatment you can carry on with your usual activities.
- Avoid hot tubs and saunas for 7 days.
- You may experience slight aching/pain in the legs in the first few days after treatment. Do not specifically rest, but continue walking as usual. If you have severe continuous pain or swelling of the leg, please follow up with a doctor.
- Leave your compression stockings on during waking hours for one week. It is not necessary to wear the stockings to bed.
- Rubber gloves help to get the stockings over the heel and ankle. They also protect the stockings from fingernails.
- Bring your compressing stockings along for each appointment.
Laser Vein Treatment
Laser vein treatment is a great option for smaller spider veins or facial lesions. Cutera Nd:YAG laser treatment directs pulses of light energy to coagulate blood in the treated veins. Blood flow is directed away from the damaged vessels to healthier veins deeper below the skin surface. The treated vessels are eventually absorbed by the body.
Call for your Free Consult today